- Become proficient in using the Bible
- Build a strong foundation for a vibrant Christian faith
- Discover God’s Purpose for your life
- Develop and maintain healthy, Christ-like relationships
- Join and get involved in a LifeGroup
TOOLS TO GROW
Foundations – Who is the Triune God? How is the Bible the Inerrant Word of God? Salvation, Heaven & Hell; Worship & LifeGroups. This is a must-have course for new believers, and a great refresher course before the membership class.
Alpha – small group suppers with discussions of the hard questions designed to help seekers find spiritual direction and consider Christianity as a way of life.
Other options offered over a two year period
- Personal or Group Retreat
- Attend a Marriage Retreat or take a course, if applicable
- The Purpose-Driven Life; Rick Warren; Why are you alive? What is God’s plan for you? This is a 40-day spiritual guide to find out. (Individual or Group Study, but best with at least one other for discussion, accountability, and objectivity.)
- Get to Know Your Bible and How to Study It
- “Church at Home”; what you can do to have family devotional time each day
- Praying Circles Around Your Children by Mark Batterson; – a perfect blend of biblical advice and relationship. Prayer is a parent’s/grandparent’s secret weapon. Learn 5 circle prayers.
- The Power of a Praying Parent by Stormie Omartian; Dying to your dreams for your child, and recognizing and praying for God’s plan and what your child is gifted in will result in happier and useful child of God.
- The Four Acts of Prayer with Walter Wangerin, Jr. 32 minutes of stories that help illustrate vital elements of the complete circle of praying. Individual or Group study with a study guide.
- Marriage Built to Last by Chip Ingram. Adjusting to expectations, learning to communicate clearly, breaking down walls, resolving conflict, restoring sex and intimacy, and striving for a Christ-centered marriage are the topic. Every couple needs reminded to work on their marriage, whether a healthy one or not. 7 weeks for small group study.