- Show examples of the presence of the Spirit everyday
- Employ God in all decision-making
- Begin the steps toward a life of tithing
- Service in some way in the church
- Service outside of the church community, local and/or global
- Apprentice leading a LifeGroup or Teaching a Class (children, youth or adult)
TOOLS ON WHAT IT MEANS TO GIVE
- T.R.I.D.E. – exploring your purpose in God’s Kingdom by discovering your Spiritual Gifts, Talents, Resources, Individuality, Dreams, and Experiences that work together to make you unique, with a unique purpose.
- Five Habits of a Disciple – Daily Time in God’s Word and Prayer, Fellowship – small group, Tithing, and Fasting are covered in this 6-session course.
- Disciple 1: Into the Word, Into the World; Becoming Disciples through Bible Study, Video, Group Discussion, and Individual Study (32 week course with daily work and weekly meeting); a group of 10 = minimum number for maximum return.
- Financial Peace University by Dave Ramsey, 13 weeks to equip you with biblically-based accountability to manage personal resources.
- Membership class includes a detailed Testimony, plus Who is the United Methodist Church? Who is CrossPoint UM Church? What commitment am I making as a member?
Lenten and Advent Study – break from the usual, and choose a study that speaks to you or use the church study
- Revisit The 5 Habits – Practicum (5 workshops, one-a-month to allow time to practice to become a habit)
- Revisit Your Spiritual Gifts and how you are using them